Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

this week in science #8

     
side view          
Dorsal view
      This week in science I did a work sheet that had different words, science words. With the words I use them to find it on the cricket. The Dorsal view is the picture above this. The Ventral view is the bottom part of the cricket, you can see a little of it on the side view picture. The Anterior is the head of the cricket and is called the vertex. The Distal on the cricket is its tarsal claws because is the furthest away and its Proximal is the hind leg cause is closer to the body. The female Acheta Posterior is the ovipositor of the cricket. The cricket is found in and around houses, other buildings, and in garbage dumps.
     This week in science I learned words like Ventral, Proximal, Distal, Anterior, and Posterior. I hope that I can remember them for a long time. I had a aha moment when I heard the word Dorsal because I know that a sharks Dorsal fin is on its back so that gave me a clue to what Dorsal mean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment