Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

cricket investigation

Question: Do crickets prefer light or dark environments?

Hypothesis: If I put a dark area in the tank. Then I think the cricket will be in that area. Because that's where they like to be the most.
   
Background Research: Crickets can live in different places. Some habitats are like meadows, trees, forests, lawns, and houses. Crickets are important in the ecosystem. Because they can breakdown plant material. Things they eat is grass, fruits, seedling plants, fungi, and meat. I also found out that male crickets make the sound. I also found out that small owls, spiders, birds, mice, shrews, snakes, frogs, and opossums can eat crickets.

The cricket is on top of the tube which the inside is dark.

 
This is the Data picture.


















 The data picture mostly shows that the cricket is on top of the tube and again inside is dark.

What I did: First I had to pick one question from I think four questions as a group. And then with that question I had to a hypothesis with the if, then, and because format. With the research I did about crickets and recorded in my notebook I just had to put it in a paragraph. I took a picture of the cricket in the tank with the dark area in it. i also took a picture of how I collected data and that's it.

What I learned: Doing this I learned that somethings can easy and some can be hard to do. Because you not make the cricket do something you want them to do. I saw that the cricket liked to be on top of the tube which inside is dark. The cricket was in the dark area but not for a long time. Not a long time to convince me they like the dark. And that show that my hypothesis is wrong I was wrong because I said that it will be or stay in the dark area.

No comments:

Post a Comment